Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trail vs Road



With more and more of my friends and family members having knee problems ive really tried to make an effort to run more off road. Today I ran up City Creek Canyon again but this time avoiding pavement as much as possible. I got onto a well maintained trail for a short bit on the way up but must have taken the wrong route at a fork in the road cause before i knew it i was right on the creeks edge and the trail was washed out every few meters as well as having many obstacles(trees etc) it was great fun. Then i met up with the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that just rocked me. It was pretty intense and involved a bit more hiking than id like to admit. I went up for about 40 minutes or so util the switchbacks got the best of me then turned around for the descent. Going down was great. Not too steep and still full of fun rollers. Definitely a route i will follow in the future. Next time ill push on a bit farther and see where the trail goes. Oh yeah there are a lot of old ruins an monuments that i really enjoyed as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love running up City Creek, but I never venture off the road. Did you ever run up that trail in Logan that went past first dam, then up and over some switch backs and dropped down into 2nd dam? That is my extent of trail running. :-)

    ReplyDelete