Sunday, April 11, 2010

From Street to Dual Sport


For a long time now Ive wanted to travel on my motorcycle. Unfortunately my Honda 599 was not very comfortable for more than a few hours or so at a time. So in March 2010 i sold the Honda and found a great deal on a 2006 BMW F650GS. I had been leaning more towards the Kawasaki KLR cause it rather cheaper. But thanks to KSL classifieds I found the perfect bike with the perfect price and already equipped with the side boxes to start traveling.

I admit a lot of my influence to do more adventure type riding came from Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boormans' "The Long Way Round". I cant wait to get going. I need to learn to ride off road so thats the first goal. Then a few over nighters and eventual trip from SLC Utah to Buffalo NY in August 2010.

1 comment: