Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boy I Love My Motorbike

Logan to Durango all back roads. It took 2 days with the first being a marathon travel day and very few sights and stops and the second being all about being a tourist. Traveling through Western Colorado on a bike was incredible to say the least. The roads were great and the scenery outstanding. Theres a lot of small mining towns with a lot of history and things to see. My favorite town heading down to Durango was Ouray. It was a tiny postcard town and lots to see and do. I spent a few days in Durango seeing the sights taking little bike rides and of course saw old friends i havnt seen since i was a kid. i took a different route home and saw more incredible sights and scenery. There are so many waterfalls its crazy. I also saw a lot of wildlife. Lots of dear, a fox, elk, and a brown bear. By the time i was back to about Grand Junction however my butt was done with the bike and i really wanted to get home at a decent time so i plugged Logan into the GPS and took the boring interstates home to get home quicker. Not as much fun but 6 days on the bike i was ready to get home.

I love these trips. it was great on my own but definitely would have been better with someone. Hard thing is who else has the amount of time off of work that i do.


Near Lake City , CO. Awesome view of Mt Uncompahgre.
Definitely chilly up here and worth a photo.
Not even sure where this was there were so many views like this.
Kimmie Grover and I. At least 21 years since wed seen each other.
Near Vallecito Lake, CO. i love taking photos of my bike.
River Parade, Durango. I happened onto Animas River Days.
Durango-Silverton Railroad. Cool old steam engine to ride.
Silverton, CO. Cool old mining town although nothing going on when i passed through.
Stuck in traffic on The Million Dollar HWY. At least i was stuck in the shade of the tunnel.
Ouray, CO. I want to go back and spend more time here.

Black Canyon of The Gunnison
I love staying in these little cabins. No more hotels for me.
Near Flaming Gorge, UT. Wow i had no idea how fun a road this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment