Sunday, November 7, 2010

299th out of 1022...ill take that

heres a quick recap of my weekend in Boise. Friday morning i started the incredible boring drive from Logan to Boise. Seriously there is nothing to look at on that trip. Anyways i left a little early to do some shopping. Yeah i said shopping. Im horrible at buying myself clothes. In fact about a year ago my sister told me she wouldn't sew the rips in my old clothes any more after breaking 10 too many needles. What can i say? i dont care for shopping and i dont see the point in throwing away old jeans for one pocket tear or what ever. So anyways i bought some clothes. Only a new pair of pants and long sleeve shirt though. i was out of my league at the Van Heusen store. 30 years old and still have no idea how to match clothes. next stop over to the Kitchen Connection. It was sweet. i know its weird some single dude went into a kitchen store but heh!. If i want good food i have to cook it myself. I saw a juicer on a crazy sale(something ive wanted for a while and im drinking an awesome apple/kiwi drink as i type) so i got it and some other stuff.
ok back on track. i got my buddy Erics' house and we decided to take his little girl to see Despicable Me. have to say i laughed my but off...ITS SO FLUFFY...

The reason for making the trip in the first place was that Eric and his wife Nicole had a new baby boy named Charlie. Now that i think of it I didnt even hold him. CRAP! Also i was running in a 1/2 Marathon Saturday morning that ran literally two blocks from their house.

Sat morning i got up early to get some good stretching in and a bit of yoga cause id been having a lot of shin problems lately. The race went awesome. Well as good as can be expected with minimal training. It had a ton of uphill 1100 feet elevation gain or something like that. But it went well. i finished in 1:55 minutes which im happy with.
After the race Eric and i went and watched BSU destroy Hawaii on the blue turf. We sat with the season ticket croud and i laughed constatnly at all teh old ladies yelling and heckling the other team. they eve knew what they were talking about. The lady on my left id been joking with the entire game got upset when Hawaii scored their only TD. I told her we had to give them a sympathy score. She looked at me like i was crazy and said " I liked you but now we have to FIGHT" i aploginzed quickly before she made me drop my nachos...hehe.
After that i needed a nap then we got some Indian food and introduced Eric to Scott Pilgrim vs The World.


2 comments:

  1. haha
    that sounds like some trip. and a shopping spree. you are funny heath. i cant fix your clothes now anyway since i live so far away. miss you and love you!
    lolo & wren & dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have told you about that drive. It would be fun to see a game there. Also, nice job on the race.

    ReplyDelete