Monday, September 6, 2010

9 1/2 years later

Aug 19th i returned to Colombia where i served my mission after being home 9 1/2 years. Right when i got off the plane i knew my spanish was all but gone. I could speak for the most part but not hearing it for so much time i didnt understand a lot and they had to speak slowly to me. So this trip was not at all about being a tourist. It was about getting in touch with the people i taught and knew during my time as a missionary. And thats exactly what i did. I was so stoked to have found so many people i had lost contact with. It was a great trip and by the end my spanish was a lot better but still frustrating that i could speak it so well and lost so much.

nature preserve
Bishop Barona who i lived underneath while on the mish
First family i taught and baptized
Gotta visit the Fire Station
Chief and everyone came out and wanted to give me their two cents
This should be in a museum but its a reserve

No comments:

Post a Comment